I copied Brigitte's post on this. It is a documentary about the town I grew up in just before moving to Boise. If you go to Jeremy and Brigitte's blog you can see the trailer for it. I will try and post it later. As Brigitte says this will show you why I love the Boise are sooooo much and have no desire to back there. However there are good things about the town. After all that is the place where my family started going back to church. So don't judge it too harshly.
........... PBS has made a documentary on Susanville CA. it is called "Prison Town USA" and explains so well the strange dynamics that are there. I have not seen it yet other than the trailer and I have read the synopsis. If any of you want to check it out I will post the links. Now maybe you can understand why we disliked living there so much and why my family no longer does! This is so funny to me and takes me back to our first reactions when we moved there. It was something along the lines of ...."This is what we traveled all the way for? Are you serious?"Jeremy has never visited this place so I was excited to show this to him. However I think it only shows the bad side of the town and I guess there were good things and good people about it too, just not enough to stay there forever. :) Sorry if any of you that visit the blog are still there and love it, no offense.HERE is the link to the official website's synopsis.......
2 comments:
DID you notice that girl in the begining? We either coached her in volleyball or she was in Best of Broadway or something. Everyone else looks familiar too. Also I loved the comment about the mill wistle at noon. We always knew that when the wistle blew we had just enough time to get back to class after lunch from anywhere in town.
No not the one in the car the one that is in front of the black background that they are interviewing
Post a Comment