Friday, August 1, 2008

No Wonders we like them!

This a recent interview with Stephenie Meyer

MTV: Did you purposefully plan out the demographic you were writing for?

Meyer: The surprise was really the young adults, because when I wrote "Twilight" it was for me, and I was 29. So it was for the moms who still remembered what it was like to be 17. But then it really caught on with the 17-year-olds, and I'm not surprised at all by the 30-somethings. I love them all! [Laughs.]

MTV: Do the tweens and 30-somethings get different things from your novels?

Meyer: One of the things I've noticed — and this is just a generalization and I know there's a lot of exceptions — but it seemed like the moms were more willing to give the idea of second love a chance. Whereas a lot of people who have never fallen in love before want to think that when you fall in love, that's it, and you won't again.

No comments: