
Since the temperatures were going to drop below freezing tonight we decided to go out and harvest our garden. And What A Plenty! Were sure saved a ton of money by having a garden ;). I think we have enough food here for a meal, well not even that. Maybe next year when we start a little earlier we can get more food out of it. We did get about five pumpkins. Four are still out there. We are hoping they can get a little bigger. They are all tucked in for the night and tomorrow bright and early I will go out and give them a wash and try to save them from the frost. We sure did have fun though. Well worth it.
Everyone helped plant it


My favorite was the strawberries.

This is one very happy farmer! What's up Doc!
And Check out Alex's first pumpkin!

6 comments:
nice work! Someday, I hope we will have a garden!
Looks good! Not bad at all for your 1st garden! We seem to learn a little each year and then incorporate it the next year. If I'm doing it by myself next year (and it looks like I will be) our garden will probably not do as well.....for certain it will not look as good! LOL
Good job! At least you did a garden this year. That's more than I can say. Like Jill, I'm hoping to get our own garden soon too. It's one thing that we've been counseled to do. I just wish we had more yard space.
Your garden is/was so cute! It inspired me to want a garden. Next year when I am getting ready to plant, I'll call you. We can garden together via phone:) Love your pictures. They look so yummy!
I had to bring my potted plants inside because of the freeze. I was planning on just letting the tomato plant die since it didn't grow any fruit, but the it finally got some tomatoes last weekend! Right before the freeze. Now it is taking up a ton of space in my dining room, tempting Brogan to play with it. So I know what you mean about it saving money (insert sarcasm). I ended up getting three Bell Peppers (two are the size of acorns) one tiny jalapeno, and I'm still waiting on my tomatoes. Other than it being fun, it cost a lot more than I got out of it. It would have cost me less than $5 to buy the few veggies I got from it. I spent WAY more than that on potting soil and pots and water. Now what can I do with one jalaleno?
What a great harvest!!! I was looking at Brigitte's pics from the rafting trip and I can't believe how much Jayden is starting to look like Alex! Adorable kids:)
Post a Comment