Sunday, May 16, 2010

Kids Say.........

I love the things that come out of my kids' mouth. Here are a few.......


"Daddy is a hero, because he has The Power"

"When Jayden and I grow up we are going to be just like Daddy, We are going to have the priesthood too. You need a girl to be just like you"

"When you look in my eyes can you see my skull?"

(in a very worried tone) "Mom what do I look like?" "You look like Alex." "Oh good"

After dropping daddy off at work one day both boys were crying for daddy. I told Alex that we were going to get ice cream, and not to be sad. He explains through tears.
"Yes, but I love my family the most"

Alex likes to tickle his ear with my hair. He has done ever since he was a tiny baby. The other day I spent a long time doing my hair, I even ratted it and created a bump-it! It looked very cute. Alex tried taking my clip out so he could play in my hair. He was very irritated that I asked him not to and says in an irritated almost teenager tone says....

"Are you trying to make me think that you are beautiful?" "No, Do I look beautiful?" I asked. "No" He says. My feeling were not too hurt, he usually tells me I am pretty all the time, He was just mad because he couldn't tickle his ears.

In a remorse tone almost as if confessing, he tell his aunt Rachel.... "(sigh) I like to play video games all day"

Jayden has started Calling me "Mommy" except when I come home through the garage door, then he yells "Daddy" I think he thinks this is some kind of welcome home greeting because we call out DADDY! when Stillman comes home in the evening. He also very dramatic and says OH NO for everything. I learned today at church that he know the color Yellow. He also tried very hard to sing all the primary songs for our program today. I love my kids.

On Mother's day all did not go as planned. Stillman had plans to make me breakfast in bed and give me my presents. Jayden woke up early and on the wrong side of the bed. He was screaming and mad about everything. All Jayden wanted was for me to crawl back in bed and cuddle with him. Sadly I could not accommodate because we had 9:00 church, Alex was suppose to sing, and we were running late. So amidst the crying and screaming Stillman yells out "Happy Mother's Day!" I laughed so hard. It truly made my day.

6 comments:

Curtis and Deedra said...

Love it!

Vernie and Tony said...

I am sooooo glad that you are writing down the wonderful cute things that the kids say! It will truly be a great blessing to you and the kids and us grandparents over and over again!! It is so important!! Thank you!

They truly do say the most adorable things!!

ChrisandTamara said...

Very cute!

Heather said...

I should take note of the funny things my kids say so I can look back and not see everything as a bad whirlwind.
Mothers Day started in the night with Emma throwing up. Shawn said something just like what Stillman said when I crawled back in bed...although, It didn't make my day...good perspective Michelle!!

CPTA said...

I'm tickled with what those two are saying. You DO need a girl now!!! ;)

Rhandi said...

Love this post! It's so great that you are documenting these moments!