Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cancel Christmas!

We have an awesome Advent calendar the Grandma LaVerne made for us. Every year the kids want to put The Baby Jesus up first. I never let them. I make them wait until Christmas Eve to him up. They play with the pieces everyday and we lost the Baby. This happened last year too. I didn't find him until after Christmas last year.

So this year Alex Says :"We are going to have to cancel Christmas if we can't find him." He even told his aunt Brigitte that we might have to cancel Christmas.

He get's it! Thank you Primary Teachers and Dr Sues. Christmas isn't about packages or bows.

Luckily Christmas is saved I found him stuck behind one of the Camel's (Velcro) that was already on the nativity calendar. We have him now Velcro-ed behind his manger for safe keeping and he will be swapped on Christmas Eve.

3 comments:

ChrisandTamara said...

Too cute! I finally gave in this year and let her put baby Jesus up first. I thought - why not? And she's just gonna keep asking all month and playing with it. That's a good idea to hide it right on the advent calendar. Isn't that cute how they want baby Jesus up first?

Vernie and Tony said...

I'm just so happy that the kids really liked the calendar! Don't ever cancel Christmas! I'll make a new Baby Jesus if I have to! lol

Vernie and Tony said...

So funny! Heather didn't even realize that Baby Jesus came off the manger till this post! lol