Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Shots and Circumcision
Oh What a sad sad week for our little boys. We had to take them in for their doctor appointments. Jayden had his first well baby appointment, where he weighed in at 8lbs 4oz. Alex unfortunately had to get a shot that we had missed. When I told him he had to get a shot that day he said, "but, I Will be very very sad." Later after the shot, Where his cries almost brought both Daddy and I to tears, He yelled at us. "I do not like shocks!!" He took a swing at both Daddy and the Nurse. Fortunately he missed the Nurse. A few days later we brought Jayden in for his circumcision and a poke in the foot. I don't care what they say they can too feel it. Our happy go lucky newborn would randomly cry out in pain for the rest of the day. However He now weighs 9lbs 2oz. What an oiker!! On a happier note we get to give him his first bath tonight. He lost his cord at the doctors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yay for bath times
oh how sad- shocks do stink! I hate having to see the little ones poked :0( not looking forward to that part of motherhood- Jon may have to take them to their appointments - I might just cry.
Katie hates shots too! Fortunately she doesn't have to have anymore till Kindergarten. She knows what the doctor's office looks like too and starts to cry/whine when we get there. Especially when we go into a room. It is definitely hard on parents! You don't want to see your kids in pain even for a little bit! But alas, these things are necessary. Poor baby Jayden - is he doing better today?
"...but I will be very sad" - how cute and heartbreaking at the same time! Definitely not looking forward to Kiddo's 2-year appt. shot, assuming he'll have to get some... he recognized the dr's office at like, 8/9 months old and just screams and tries to escape now...*sigh*
Lots of Vaseline for Baby Jayden... we slimed Kiddo's diapers really lots (maybe that's part of why he peed out of them so often for the first few weeks) - that was the dr's best advice... hated having to bring him in for it, though. I bawled the whole time (while I was gone, no less). Glad to hear he's gaining weight so well! :-) Yay!
Personally, I'd take a shot over a circumcision any day and I'm not even a male! he he I do feel for the little tykes. I remember having Scott done @ 3 months because he was so small, they made me wait. (he's kill me if he read this. Small as in 4 pounds ...
He pooped all over me in the Dr.s office. I think it was payback!
The way they did the circ. we dont have to put on any vasaline or do anything special. They used the plastibell ring and in five days the ring just comes off.
Post a Comment