Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A change of heart

I was told this story at a barbecue we just went to. I hope "Aunt" Becky doesn't mind me telling it. Her brother was asked to be part of the Twin Falls Temple security during the open house. There were a couple of people protesting the temple and they were wondering how they were going to handle it. So her brother walks up to the protester and asked him if he had ever been through a temple before. Oh of course not, he would never go in there. Her brother then offered to hold the protesters sign for him. He said he would hold it up as high and as long as he wanted him to, if he would go through the temple tour. after a while he finally persuaded the guy to go through the temple. Her brother stood there holding the sign for him for about a half an hour. When the man came out of the temple he walked up to her brother and told him he didn't need his sign anymore, and walked away.

6 comments:

Heather said...

That is awesome. What a great thought! I guess holding a sign for a half an hour doesn't hurt if after that time, it goes down for good. The spirit of the temple sure can change a heart. Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

*sniffle* I really loved that story. Thanks for posting it! :-)

Curtis and Deedra said...

Definitely a great story. I wish more non members could go through temple open houses and get the feel of what goes on in the temple and what a peaceful place it is.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Thats awesome. I found a blog of someone you know from Del Sol. Jessica (Yessica)

http://nonworkingmother.blogspot.com/

ChrisandTamara said...

That is very cool! Obviously he didn't know exactly what he was protesting. People have false assumptions or are taught wrong by others about our religion.

Vernie and Tony said...

Way cool story ! I guess we just have to be patient and think of ways to reach them, (like this guy) what a smart thing to do!