We are expanding our kids' taste buds. As most of you know we have a very picky eater in our family. (Well we have two picky eaters, but we are talking about the kids right now) We have a rule in our family that you must take a "No Thank You" bite. You have to take at least one bite and then you can say No Thank You. Well, every once-and-a while Alex Actually likes what he taste. So now Alex has added Meat sauce with his Spaghetti, Ham, and Hot dogs to his list of favorites. Yesterday was the only day that Alex cried after he took his no thank you bite, I of course could not stop laughing at him. I made Chicken Crescents. He licked the beaters that had cream cheese and butter on them, he ate the dough for the crescents raw. But he was very reluctant to try theses things cooked and together. He ate all his cottage cheese which I think is disgusting. (by the way he made me take a no thank you bite of cottage cheese. blugh.) Then he decided that he would mix his cottage cheese on top of the chicken crescents so that he wouldn't be able to taste the chicken crescents. Stillman said "I think it was the cottage cheese that made that bite disgusting enough to cry about."
Jayden has now added Carrotts and Bannans to his diet. Jayden has been very inpatient in wanting to eat big boy food. He was very excited about his new High chair and he actually cries if you take his water away from him.


He likes it, He likes it.
5 comments:
I like your No Thank You bite idea. I am gonna have to try that with Selena and Nicholas. They are so dang picky.
Good idea - no thank you bite. Happy taste testing! I don't like cottage cheese either. But Chris loves it! Katie - not so much.
We have a taste one bit rule also, but I like how you call it the No Thank You bite. Maybe we should rename it and then there wouldn't be such a fight. Although, I still have to figure out how to get Mason to eat just one bite. Cute Cute pictures of Jayden!
I need to say "NO thankyou" to a lot of bites!!! Good idea for children and darling pictures of Jayden eating. Looks like he really enjoyed whatever it was!
Wow! Nice approach! I might need to keep that in mind when we have little ones! Jayden is getting big too! Wow~
hugs!, Princess
Post a Comment