Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Alex's Birthday!

Here is Alex's birthday a little late. A few weeks before his birthday Alex was all set to have a teddy bear birthday. We even had a cake picked out. I was just excited that I wouldn't have to do a Pablo cake again. I was at the store and I saw some cute Spiderman mask for a birthday party, I asked Alex if he would rather have a Spiderman birthday party and he said yes. We went home and watched the movie and he has been obsessed ever since. Here is the cake we made, however I can't take credit for the idea, I stole it from Walmart. We already had the figurine from a Happy Meal.when we were getting the decorations (Which were pretty simple) Alex looks in the cart and with a huge smile says "I'm just so excited about this" I have to tell the back story to this picture. A year ago on Katie's birthday Alex blew out Katie's candles. so to make it up to her Alex decided that he wanted Katie to help him blow out his candles and help open his birthday presents. Katie started blowing the candle out a little too early so Alex stopped her.right before he blew out the candles he turned to her and said Okay Now! You can barley see Katie lips puckered here I almost didn't get a picture because he did it so fast.



Alex asked if we could go bowling for his birthday. Knowing how tight money is now we decided to go bowling on Monday for F.H.E. so that people wouldn't feel pressured to come. Turns out Monday night at BSU, shoes are free and a game is only 1.50! We also got two monte carlos for the next time we come!





Here are some of the pictures my Mom took at JC penny's for his birthday! He did a great Job! he even had his own request for props. A ladder and a couch just his size. My Mom brought in some of my grandpa's old cameras which I loved!

























































4 comments:

Heather said...

I am so sad that we missed his birthday yet again. We love your family and just can't get enough time spent with them. All the pictures are darn cute. I am hoping your mom can do something with Mason, but I first have to get down there again for his pictures.

Sarah said...

Adorable pictures!! I was just thinking how funny it is how much our lives mirror eachother. We got married around the same time, had our first child around the same time, bought our first house around the same time (which we have been working on painting now for about three months), which I noticed you guys just did too!!! Also Owen just had a spiderman party for his 4th too!!! Weird!!!!Great minds think alike I guess:)

Vernie and Tony said...

Cute pictures! I love the one when Alex is covering Katelynns mouth! Too funny! It was a fun party! The kids are growing up so fast! 4 ALREADY! WOW!

ChrisandTamara said...

Great pictures! Your Mom did a great job! The Spiderman cake looks awesome! Love the pic of Alex covering Katie's mouth. That was so sweet of Alex to want to make it up to Katie. I had no idea.