I have to write these funny things down least I forget.
So today Alex is getting out of the bathtub and he informs me of his new name. It is ALEXPARKERNORTONFOUR. That is what he would like to go by. I told him that sounded like he was some kind of prototype. "No, silly Mommy".
So then later he is deciding what he wants to wear today. I have to give you a little background to this story: We were at the D.I. and Alex found this Spiderman dress shirt. A little too fancy to wear anywhere but church and yet a little irreverent for church. He brings me it and shows me it. So I tell him to go ask Daddy what he thinks. Instead Alex put it in the cart and then Stillman paid for it. We both assumed the other one had wanted to buy the shirt for Alex. Nope. So he decided he wants to where the shirt. It is mostly blue and red. The only pair of pants he has is a green cordiroy pair. So we put it on him and he insist that he button all the buttons up to the very top. It looks so Nerdy that we can't stand to see him go out like this. Stillman wonders if he would be a bad parent if he "accidently" spilled water on him. And yet he insists, because, and I qoute, "It's like Spiderman (The Shirt) is attacking the Green Goblin (The pants)". Yep that is exactly what it looks like.
We finally convince him to wear a pair of khaki pants. He looks a little better. Just a little dressy for the Dr. Office. But oh well. He is still insisting that he button the top button. I asked him if I could at least spike his hair so he looks a little better.
"No, because I won't be myself anymore, I will be STILLMANNORTONTWO."
P.S. Alex calls his Christmas Stocking his Beanstock. He also calls his elbow his Arm Bow.
5 comments:
HILARIOUS STORY!!!! Where's the picture?? I was reading along anticipating a picture at the end of Alex in his outfit!! You gotta post a picture! That is a great imagination!
Way too funny! I think we needed a visual to go along with the Shirt and pants! Where are the pictures of this little becoming spiderman?
I couldn't find the camera yesterday. I will have to see if I can get him back into the outfit. I don't think it will be a problem.
That is so funny! I want to see a picture too.
Oh I love that silly nephew of mine!
Post a Comment