
Defiantly going to buy this one. It is a story about "a group of dancers, singers, musicians and actors at the New York City High School of Performing Arts, and their spirited drive to live out their dreams of stardom."

I read this book this year. It is true story about an LDS American Spy in Russia. It is marked as fiction as most of the things he tells about are classified, therefore he had to change the names. Micheal Ramsdell is an American intelligence officer in Russia. He has just been made. "spy speak for his cover is blown" he now must escape via the 6,000-mile Trans-Siberian Railway. He is Broke, Injured, Starving and in a hostile country. As he travels he thinks back over his facinating life as an Intelligence officer.
"A Train To Potevka is a story of sacrifice, hope, and second chances. It is about love of family, home, and country. Most of all, it is a testimony to the basic goodness of man and the compassion and concern of a loving God."

The Kids have Loved these books. We borrowed them from the library but I would love to have them in our home collection. I just found out she has one more book in this series called Duck and Cover. We will have to get that one next. Duck at the Door is about a Duck names Max. Max comes one winter night to a house full of animals and there loving owner Irene. He soon makes himself at home and becomes a nuisance, But when it comes time to migrate, his new family realizes how much they have come to love Max......

Duck Soup (not the Marx Brothers) is about an adventure that max has while living with Irene and friends. Max has a dream of becoming a chef and making the perfect soup. When he goes out to the garden for a minute his friends Brody, Dakota and Bebe think that Max has cooked himself, and thing go horribly wrong for Max's soup.
4 comments:
Thanks, it's always nice to get reviews on books/movies! (from people you trust) I had a gal at Walmart tell me that she loved Elizabethtown. It was like Bridget said OK but not great. I did find myself laughing at some things and then saying "Awh, why'd they have to say that?" at other times. I'll have to review my books next.
Awesome! I'm REALLY going to have to read Train to Potevka... thanks for the reviews! :)
The Duck books are so cute :) I've really wanted to see Fame - maybe we'll have to go get it from Red Box! I love the idea of posting reviews, keep them coming!
Thanks! I was just thinking about Train to Potevka the other day and wondering if it was good.
Post a Comment