I went shopping today with two kids in toe. Alex was lagging behind a little. I walked around an isle and had to call for him to keep up please. Soon he comes tearing around the corner and says "Mom I saw a scary person who does not belong on this earth." Now before you judge him to harshly I must interpret for him "Not on this earth" means "Not in real life", or "Make-believe" for examples Superheros are not on this earth, Ghosts are not on this earth, neither apparently are witches, or Little old ladies who bare a striking resemblance to Snow White's Stepmother........
Where do I begin. I began telling him how not everyone looks the same, How Heavenly Father made everyone look different because it would get really confusing if everyone looked like Alex, And of course how Heavenly Father loves all of us and we should too, no matter what they look like.
Near the Cereal isle he whispers "Look mom, There she is"
A little old lady was walking by, she was short and a little hunchbacked. To me she looked very sweet. I think it was the shawl covering her head that made her appear too mistrusting to be of this world.
6 comments:
That's cute but what a good opportunity to teach him something. I also went to the store tonight with all 3 kids. I had to keep telling Nikki and Garrett to either "slow down" or "come here". They would either run way up ahead of me or fall way behind looking at something. Needless to say the shopping trip took a little longer than I wanted it to. I missed the first few minutes of Lost! Oh well.
That is so cute!! I love it when kids say those kind of things and I think we need to recored it. (which you just did) Kudo's. I remember when Sophia said "Is that human being a man or a woman?" She was 4 years old so the fact that she called the person a human being was hilarious! Gotta love those teaching moments!!
So funny. Alex and Emma are so alike it is almost scary. Do you think that they talk about these kind of things together when we are not presently in the room with them?
About a week ago we were at Carls Jr. and ayoung short hispanic lady walks into the restroom where Emma was frying her hands and she says for all to hear "Look mom, she's a kids like me." I asked why she things that(cause the lady was probably close to my age) and she said "Because she is so short". I just wanted to hide.
Too funny! Katie is always saying "Santa" when she sees men with white beards.
Thats funny lol! He is so stinking cute! But its kind of sad cuz grandma had a hunch back, and wore a scarf lol.
so cute. That reminded me of the time when we were shopping when he was younger. He saw a lady and said "she's mad" and I said that I didn't think she was and he said "yes, she is she looks like this.." and then made the biggest frowny face ever. So cute.
Post a Comment