Friday, October 15, 2010

Teaching Moments

We took the kids to the Apple Orchard last month. The kids had so much fun. This experience was so great for them. We were able to teach them about Service, a little about Canning, and how you can get apple cobbler from a Tree!





The kids thought it was funny to let the apples hit them on the head. I know. I know. Too many anvils.






Jayden later fell. Good catch Mom!

So sweet!





We put these little ones to work. They peeled all the apples themselves!




"It's Ming Ming" (It's actually Linny)
Boil, Boil     



Toil and Trouble!










Q - "Do you know what they keep in the preservation room?"

A - "Delicious Jams and Jellies?"

                                               -National Treasure



We are saving these for apple pies and cobbler!

The Parents tunnel

3 comments:

Vernie and Tony said...

WOW! You kids have been busy! I love love love the new fall family picture!! It's is sooooo awesome! Your such a good lookin family!

Good on ya for canning apples! That's great! Guess I'll be doing grape juice next week!

ChrisandTamara said...

Great pics! Thanks for sharing ones from the orchard. Very cute ones of Alex and Katie. Can't beleive they peeled and cored all those apples. Good job boys!

Anonymous said...

next time you can let me know. it is always more fun when you do it in a group. besides the $100 worth of fruit I got this summer and canned all went moldy with few days. I don't know what went wrong where. but somehow I guess they didn't seal right. so now I feel discouraged about canning