I have to give props to the Nampa Fire Department. I have heard that they have the fastest response time in the state. Well on Sunday we gave a sigh of relief for this fact. When we were unpacking from the cabin our friends walked by and said "wow, you missed all the excitement." We were distracted by the fact that our neighbor had his RV parked out front, we didn't notice that two houses down there was a huge fire. On Friday while we were up at the cabin they had a party. One of their friends put a cigarette out in their trash can outside. (they don't smoke). the fire burned up the back of the house and all through their attic and bonus room upstairs. The downstairs is ruined as well because of water damage. Our next door neighbor said at three in the morning he heard water hitting his house (he thought it was our sprinklers) and a roaring sound (he thought was his fridge going out) He got up to check and saw the red lights flashing. when he went outside they were hosing off his RV and house so it wouldn't catch fire as well. Our entire neighborhood smells like a campfire. They bought the house the same time we did. Luckily they have insurance which will replace almost everything they lost. Except of course the things that can't be replaced, so sad!
5 comments:
Holy cow!!! And it was started by a carelessly-disposed cigarette... oy. Those poor people! I sure hope their insurance works FAST!!! And yes! Absolute props to the FD!!!
That is so sad. Something so preventable. I'll bet they never allow cigarettes near their home again.
WOW~ that hits close to home when something like that happens so close to your home. At least everyone is okay, and no one else in the neighborhood suffered any damage!
Yeah to the fire department for not just quick time, but prevention for homes close to the action.
Wow, scary! It really took off the roof on that side of the house! I hadn't heard that about the Nampa fire dept but sure good to know! Looks like a lot of that home was saved!
Oh and I saw the trailer!! Looks reeeeeealy gooooood! 2 movies that I'm reeeeealy looking forward to! Vampires and wizards! Wahoo!
Wow! That must have been quite the fire! Derek was saying that he figured the smoker must be feeling pretty bad about it. I was thinking that if someone did that to my house I would bust their face in. Yeah, goes to show you how much more rational and kinder Derek is than I am. Sigh.
Post a Comment