Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Linder Farms

We took the kids to Linder Farms on Saturday. Mostly just for an October type experience. We didn't actually do the corn maze, but the kids had fun doing the other stuff they have there. Alex loved the hay bale maze he ran through about five times. They had a Hayride that we rode out to the petting Zoo and to pick out a pumpkin out of a pumpkin patch that was just his size. Alex called everything that he didn't recognise a llama. "No that's a Camel." "No that's an Oxen."Yes, That is a llama." Alex was very excited to see a zebra and a camel in real life. His favorite thing was the cow ride train. we only ended up spending about $4.00. We also ran into some familiar faces. while we were sitting on the hayride Tamara found us! In the end Alex could not find a pumpkin that was small enough to be just his size so he settled on a gourd. He carries it everywhere, and is very concerned about the fate of his pumpkin come Halloween. I told him he does not have to carve his pumpkin, but that trust me gourds do not live forever. I tried saving a couple of gourds two years ago in an air tight bin. Not smart. I ended up having to throw everything in that bin away.

Choose the right!Brotherly LoveThanks Tamara for a Family PictureThis Pumpkin is evidently to large for a three year old.A rarity to catch an infant smiling for a cameraKid to Kid

6 comments:

ChrisandTamara said...

That sure was fun! I'm paying for it now with allergies. I did fine that night but then the next morning the allergy symptoms set in and I'm still having them. Claritin helps though. It was worth it buy next time I'll take allergy med before I go. We'll get some of our pics on our blog soon.

Curtis and Deedra said...

Looked like fun! I wish we could've gone but Garrett was sick. I did go earlier in the week though with the youth. I didn't do the corn maze either. But the donuts and cocoa were really yummy.

liv said...

so fun! wow, it really is fall. it doesn't seem like it here so much, nothing's changing color yet and i'm in something close to a concrete jungle. the pic of jayden smiling is darling!

Heather said...

I love all the pictures on all the blogs of the pumpkin patches- so colorful and fun. Halloween is great! Looks like you guys had a good time :0)

Vernie and Tony said...

I love the "Linder Farm" it's soooo reasonable and the kiddies love it! I need to go so I can get some pumpkins for my Thanksgiving Turkeys. Looks like the boys had a great time.

Love the colors this time of year too.

Unknown said...

What fun! So glad you guys had a great time!!! And the little cuties did, too! ;-)