Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Alex's first day of First Grade!

Two posts today! Scroll down for our Utah Trip


For anyone close to me they know the struggle I have with Alex and his clothes. He likes his top to match his bottoms. If his red shirt is clean he wants his red shorts clean also. (I usually try to accommodate if both are clean) The problem came when his favorite green pants got to small and also had a huge hole in the knees. I snuck and threw them out. So of coarse when we go school shopping he wants a new pair of green pants and a green bike shirt to go with it. Amazingly I found exactly what he was looking for and I found it in both green and red! Then his cute little voice tells me that this is Bike riding outfit...................

Now I know Alex, when he says this, he means he will ONLY wear it when he his riding his bike and nothing else. So we have a long talk in the dressing room about how I will only buy these clothes if he promises that he will wear them to school, and to play in and to soccer. Because I am not buying separate outfits for each activity with matching pants to go with it. He also has to promise me that he will MIX and MATCH his clothes and that Red and Green go with blue jean. YES! I will! he says. He loves the clothes. The people at Walmart must have thought I was crazy, But YOU DON'T KNOW!
So the first week of school is colors week. They are learning how to spell the colors and recognize them as sight words and can we please encourage our kids to dress according to the color of the day. The first day of school is Red..................



He is so Happy



Jayden is ready too!



Alex's favorite part of school. Breakfast!


Alex is also excited because he has two friends in his class. We picked up this hitchhiker in the lunchroom. He is Alex friend from church and this year they are in the same class. He is in-between cast's right now and is still a little wobbly on his legs. He was hopping his way to class so Stillman offered him a lift.


Sitting with his two friends. I don't think she will let them stay this way for long :)

Alex said that he wasn't even nervous because he was just too excited. He also gets to play more games than just Starfall this year on the computer, so that is way cool.

Update:  So Alex says to me this morning (Wed, 3rd day of school) "Everyone at school is saying that today is Red Day." I said, "no, according to the paper today is Yellow day." He decided that he will wear a Yellow shirt and Red shorts. I get home and check the paper. Today IS red day. So I grabbed his red shirt, and run back to the school. Slip him out of line, change his shirt, and stick him back in line before the kids even get in the school. He was the only yellow shirt in a whole line of Red shirts. He was so happy I came back with his red shirt.

1 comment:

Vernie and Tony said...

WOW!! Can't believe he is in 1st grade already! Where did the time go??? I'm so glad that you and Stillman go to school with him and Jaydan too! So much fun for Alex !!

He looks darling!!